Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty Sustainability
TripAdvisor has developed this program with help from national and international green industry experts, including the US Green Building Council's LEED Certification Program, the United Nations Environment Program, the US Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR program, and other sustainability experts. Green Leaders achieve one of four statuses: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The higher the status, the greater the impact of a property's green practices. Qualifying properties are marked with a badge on their TripAdvisor page.
Some Initiatives at Our Property
- Over 75% of our interior light bulbs are LED.
- All our guest rooms have ENERGY STAR qualified appliances.
- We use occupancy sensors and timers behind house and exterior areas.
- All bathroom fixtures meet current GPM and GPF flow rate standards.
- We use locally produced food and beverage items (within 100 miles) in our restaurant.
- The engineering team uses low VOC paints, primers, adhesives, and sealants.
- We recycle used cooking oil for biodiesel.
- We donate old newspapers to a local animal shelter.
- In April of 2016, our Green Team constructed a rooftop garden with vegetables and herbs for our kitchen.
- The rain garden in front of our hotel uses storm water runoff to minimize waste.
- 100% of the total roof area is covered using Cool Roofing technology.