Explore Oakland from Our Pittsburgh Hotel
Filled with college students and gothic-style buildings, Oakland is Pittsburgh’s cultural epicenter. Only a short drive from Hotel Indigo, this sophisticated neighborhood is a beautiful place to spend the day. Begin with Carnegie Museum of Art’s contemporary galleries, and then visit Carnegie Museum of Natural History for its collection of Jurassic-era dinosaurs.
After seeing the museums, enjoy lunch at one of Oakland’s many eateries, or take a picnic to Schenley Park, the city’s largest greenspace. For nature lovers, there’s also Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, a 15-acre botanical garden of exotic flora. Oakland is home to many schools as well, including Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh, and Carlow University.
- Carnegie Mellon University (1.8 miles)
- University of Pittsburgh (2.1 miles)
- Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History (2.3 miles)
- Peterson Events Center (2.4 miles)
- Heinz Chapel (2.4 miles)
- UPMC (2.9 miles)
- Carlow University (3.4 miles)
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens (3.5 miles)